We elaborate our sausages since 1870
Get to know the history of our company
1870: It all started at an inn
In Guardiola de Berga there was an inn named Cal Frare. Its owner had financial problems, reason why his brother-in-law, Esteve Noguera Forgas, bought him the building. Esteve, maker of sausages from Barcelona, and his wife, Concepció Rovira Vilarosal, bought Cal Frare in equal parts for a price of 37,333 pesetas and 32 cents. They turned the building into a sausage-making workroom, with the slaughterhouse area in the basement, handling and elaboration on the first floor and drying rooms on the upper floors.
1884: Title of the Royal House
Casa Noguera receives de title of “Supplier of the Royal House”, enjoying already a well-deserved reputation. Esteban Noguera had bought a store in No. 9 of Plaza Nueva in Barcelona, next to Barcelona’s Cathedral and used it as a charcuterie. King Alfonso XII made the sausages be bought there. The queen regent Maria Cristina was the one who granted on May 29, 1884, the title of suppliers of the Royal House to Don Esteban Noguera Forgas.
1938: Ramona Noguera takes charge of the business
In the middle of the Spanish civil war, the Plaza Nueva was bombed the 18th of March 1938 in which the then owner Joan Noguera died, and the shop was completely destroyed. His sister, Ramona Noguera who was married to Joan Aragonès Carreras, took charge of the business opening the workshop in Viladomat St, no. 50 in Barcelona, and as a result of this marriage, their sons Joan, Rafael and Ramón where born who would continue the business.
In the post-war era, they grew up as delicatessen dealers and ended up having up to 15 self-owned shops where to sell their products.
1970: Continuity in Barcelona
Thanks to the work of the 4th generation, during the 1970’s, 80’s and 90’s Noguera consolidated as a cured meats brand in the city of Barcelona. It has two shops, the workshop in Viladomat St. and in Calabria St. it opens a refrigerated warehouse.
1990: Generational renewal
After a period of growth in which several factories and warehouses were opened and closed, the current manager and member of the 5th generation Josep Aragonés arrives. With him, Casa Noguera’s major modernisation takes place. He moves all the activity to the district of La Anoia. The passion for all what he does is felt in the company’s atmosphere and he manages to transmit his optimistic attitude to everyone around him. One day, his uncle Jaime told him…Josep, everything is still to be done and everything is possible, since then, this has been his “creed”.
2002: Noguera becomes international
The company starts to export: The Date with Bacon goes to Germany and Portugal. Years later it also goes to Sweden with the white botifarra sausage, the chistorra sausage, the raw sausage and the Catalan sausage. Later on, we started to export to England and Norway.
2016: Great Taste Award
The White Botifarra won the English “Great Taste Award”, recognising its quality and great flavour. A prize that we are proud of having won as it entails the promotion of a product which is such a part of our tradition, such is the white botifarra.