Truffled Catalan botifarra
We make our Catalan botifarra with truffle following the original recipe of great-great uncle Rafael:
- We use pork shank meat, cut into dices with a knife.
- We marinate the meat with spices and keep it in the refrigerator for almost one week.
- We make a new paste adding liqueur and the truffle
- We stuff the paste into a natural tripe named pig ‘culana’ and we tie it by hand making a bow at the end of the piece from where it will hang.
- To cook the Catalan sausage we place it in a cauldron with the water just heated where it will stay for approximately 90 minutes at 80 ºC.
- When the heart of the piece reaches 72ºC it will be cooked, and we will remove it from the cauldron and start to cool it as quickly as possible.
- The following day we will place the Catalan sausage to dry to remove the excess water absorbed during the cooking.
The process is completely artisanal and this is how we achieve maintaining all the flavour of tradition.
Packaging and delivery
Product available in ½ vacuum pieces and packets of 100gr cut and vacuum-packed to ensure its conservation, flavour and quality.
We deliver this product to points of sale and catering businesses in Barcelona and the vicinity in 24h. For other locations, contact us and we will provide more specific information.
Request more information about this product
If you love good delicatessen products and you want this Casa Noguera product, you will find it in the best delis. Give us your details and we will tell you which is the nearest to you.
If you are a delicatessen dealer or a restaurant owner and you want to offer your customers cured meats with the traditional flavour again, offer them the best quality, contact us! We will attend you personally and provide information about our products.