Natural cured and smoked bacon
We make our cured and smoked natural bacon following the original recipe of great-great-grandfather Ramón:
- We used belly meat cut at 20 x 40 cm. We remove the bones from the piece, we will salt the pieces dry, by friction, adding salt and spices.
- We will leave it to stand for one week in the fridge at 4ºC. This time is necessary for the piece to be well nitrified and carry out a slow curing, we want to achieve that great colour that our bacon has.
- After the week, we take the pieces of bacon, we remove the non-absorbed salt, we hand them from a 4-point hook and leave it in the drying room for almost one month.
- Finally, we make a natural smoking with oak and beech wood shavings for more than 6 hours at room temperature. That is how we manage to give it the smoke aroma, what makes it special.
- At the end of the entire process we have a loss of almost 40%, as that is the result of doing things the traditional way, without hurry and with much care.
Tip** A piece of bacon of 20×40 weighs 4 kilos fresh, if you find bacon pieces that weigh more than 4 kilos ready to eat, you are undoubtedly going to pay water at the price of meat.
Try it and discover the flavour of natural bacon, really, it is something else.
Packaging and delivery
Product available in vacuum pieces and packets of 100gr cut and vacuum-packed to ensure its conservation, flavour and quality.
We deliver this product to points of sale and catering businesses in Barcelona and the vicinity in 24h. For other locations, contact us and we will provide more specific information.
Request more information about this product
If you love good delicatessen products and you want this Casa Noguera product, you will find it in the best delis. Give us your details and we will tell you which is the nearest to you.
If you are a delicatessen dealer or a restaurant owner and you want to offer your customers cured meats with the traditional flavour again, offer them the best quality, contact us! We will attend you personally and provide information about our products.